Wednesday, May 19

Imagine That!

My son doesn't have a very strong imagination so I have created an imaginary friend for him - "Johnson." Johnson helps me out when I don't have energy for Brendan. "Mama, will you play with me?" he asks. "Johnson said that he wants to play with you," I say. "OH!" he replies eagerly. This morning we went outside to play and Brendan was lingering by my feet getting antsy, bored within 5 minutes. "LOOK!" I yelled. "Johnson is running across the lawn so he can kick that big ball!" Before I knew it Brendan was on the other side of the lawn competing for territory. Both lads are now watching a movie together and I must say they've negotiated for space quite nicely on that bean-bag.

Also, earlier today Brendan said that God lives outside with the flies. "He lives far away and in my heart," he clarified. I noticed that he was only using "He" to talk about God so I switched it up on him. I told Brendan about God loving people using the "She" pronoun. "Do you love Her?" I asked. "NO!" he replied. "Why not?" "Because She's naughty!" Well. Okay, then.

Oh. And I gave the kid a haircut fitting for his new attitude. I wanted to give people a heads-up when they see him comin'.



Hmm... Postscript. I just notice that I jotted this post down at 11:11. Looks like that creepy number is back to haunt me.



1 comment:

loriann said...

When are you coming to do Jack's hair?!