
This girl has a serious attachment to her mama. She knows who her mama is and she cries if she's held by someone not-her-mama. Poor Matt. Papa is no exception. But he's doing a heroic job trying to bond with her and I know he will soon. A breakthrough is coming. Though as of now she demands mama-contact at all times. We've nicknamed Matt "the scary babysitter" for comic relief because she screams each time he holds her and the entire 15 minutes I read books to Brendan each night.

I do love the close connection I have with Eve. Call me crazy but I love the newborn/infant/baby stage. A person is never that innocent, honest, delicious or squishy again! Especially the squishy part. This is my guilty pleasure. I admit to simply loving my job - raising my babies. It's a luxury that my generation has been taught not to appreciate. And if we do we dare not say it. We women are either labeled "Susie-homemaker" or a "feminazi." Well! As a feminist homemaker
you can just call me a "femi-maker," since I am, after all, making a couple of feminists for a living. For as much as I love this baby stage I do expect my kids to grow up and do some good in the world.

Eve is an old soul if there ever was one. A perfect stranger said the very thing I say about her (so it must be true), and that is, her eyes are intimidating to look into, like she knows something about you, a seer, lets say. I love the picture below for that reason - her piercing eyes. It reminds me of a picture I took of Brendan around that age actually (posted it below for your viewing pleasure).

They grow too fast. I don't want to miss a juicy moment!
By the way, the FABULOUS quilt you see featured in the pictures above was made for Eve by my good friend Sonja, AKA Girl With Fabric. It's, hands down, the cutest quilt I've ever laid eyes on. "Cute" isn't the word I'm looking for. It has class and style, it's modern yet has an old-fashion feel to it. I LOVE it!
4 comments:
Those are great pics Grace. Love your lingo too. I can't wait until I get to hug and kiss her. I can't decide which is my favorite, the piercing eyes, or the "I hear Dad" smile. I'm really proud of you! You are a great Mom; you are doing such a good job! And you are hanging on to your identity. You will show many women the way to freedom with that attitude I just read! Go forth! I love you.
Oh, she is too precious! I love that she only wants you...I can't wait till I get to deal with that and feel very special for it!
Awww, there you go, making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I loved making that blanket for you!
Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. I am so mad that I'm so far away! You are amazing. Rock on with the femi-maker!
Post a Comment