Tuesday, July 29

Age-ed Glory


I wanted to go out with my grrrls tonight but since they're scattered between LA, NY and Ireland (and my Portlanders were busy or housebound) I had a "party with the Lord." That's code for "went to a movie alone." If I were in Ireland I'd have a beer with Stella and listen to a Celtic band in a small pub. If I were in New York I'd bounce up and down in a chic nightclub having cocktails with Abby. And if I were in LA I'd have wine with Alicia in Hollywood and watch the directors cut of The Dark Night at the Chinese Theater.

But tonight, all alone, I went to the Lloyd's Reagal Theater and knowingly indulged in 600 calories worth of Reeses Pieces while watching a super-retarded (
yet fun) film -- Mamma Mia. I imagine this story makes more sense on Broadway. It's always awkward to see an actor on The Big Screen break into spontaneous song and dance. Watching Meryl Streep dance around in all her age-ed glory inspired me and creeped me out at the same time. But mostly... it inspired me.

1 comment:

loriann said...

That's going to be us before we know it! LOL