Friday, July 25

Food Fight



Baby Zaiah hates food. The other day I found myself squeezing his cheeks so that his mouth opened and then stuffing a spoon full of mush inside it. He spit it out defiantly, of course. His pediatrician told me, "Never force-feed him. He'll eat when he's hungry." That should have been obvious to me. I'm surprised the kid grows at all. He's so active; he immediately burns off whatever calories we finally get inside him. It's crazy.

We just finished baby-proofing his room and the living room. If I had known it was so complicated to make a home baby-safe from the waste down I would have started doing this before he became mobile. He shows us every day new areas we need to make safer. Check out the video below of him playing in his room. It's so weird to see him this independent. He weened at 4 months, crawled at the beginning of 7 and now (not even 8 months) he's pulling himself up and letting go for a few seconds. He's so busy! I fear he'll going off to college next Fall.
[whimper, whimper]




Oh yeah, and here's what's happening outside our front door. Tomato plant is threatening to invade Cilantro (who went to seed a while ago) and Green Beans are blocking the good view Chives used to have of our dying, yellowing grass. Sunflowers are still anti-social and halfway up the fence now. [smile]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace,

He's just like Jerry was. I wish I would have put Jerry into gymnastics at the age of 3yrs. If I had his antsy-couch manuevers may have been more organized. I think the molecules in his body just move faster and with more energy. He's a Tigger!!
I think you'll find that he's okay on the food as long as he is healthy. If he's getting a lot of coughs, then you can worry. Don't let the doctors tell you that he is too little for his age, or to fat. They do that. It has no bearing if you look at humanity today. We are all different. My kids went through times of eating very little, then all of a sudden two months later pigging out. It's a growth spurt when they eat a lot. His mind may be growing the most right now, making him super focussed.

Must be all the coffe you drank while you were pregnant with him. Haha, Just Kidding!!

What an adorable little guy you two are raising. Watch out world.

I love his little laugh when he sees you. That was great. It was like, "Look mom, look what I can do!"

Love, Melodee

loriann said...

I can't even think about Jack Jack being able to do those things. Makes me want to cry! Waaaaaaah! Your wee man is gorgeous, Stella!

Grahama said...

Such a big little man!
Seing him makes me miss portland.
and I'm on Maui!
tweak his ear for the grahama, see y'all soon.