The insanity has not ended. Just last month, I left a message with financial aid about my scholarship information and the woman emailed Matt to reply. "Just letting you know that your wife's issue got resolved." Of course, Matt had to email her saying, "I'm not my wife's keeper".
I've tried to keep my identity VERY separate from his (unsuccessfully) because I like to be treated first as a human, second as a student, and third as a partner. Matt and I live on campus so unless we're in our apartment we treat each other like colleagues, which we ARE (but sometimes we very un-colleague-ishly sneak a kiss). We even sit in different places in the library and campus cafe. Instant messenger has become our favored method of communication. (I admit to sending mushy love notes to him... and then we smile and blush as we glance across the cafe. It's quite romantic actually.)
ANYWAY!
The point here is! I cannot wait to be "WE" again - in a place where people treat me like a human. I don't mind being Grace of "Grace and Matt" in a forward community that celebrates love as a partnership.
Ahh, mi amor.




5 comments:
Katie, I just realized that you took two of these photos and I cut you and John out of 2 other ones. How funny is that?
Yay for the flickr-badge!
Grace,
I noticed the cuts. I think I see my elbow in the photo from the beach. I don't comment on your site often, but I want you to know that I check it regularly. Kate and I love you both -- together and as individuals -- and we're looking forward to spending some time with Grace and Grace's husband.
John
i LOVE your pictures---you guys are great! Enjoy being home!!!! Hope you are able to find sometime to soak up some LA sun, even though it may be a distance away.
John, I was taking the chance that someone would noctice the mysterious and protruding elbow in that picture. I'm glad it was you. Afterall, it is your elbow - you would recognize it. :)
Sorry for the edit. It seems photos of "we" are a rare find.
WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GALS (boy gals, too)!!! Matt will be every so happy to see familiar faces when you guys show up here. I will have been gone for a number of days by then.
:) See you soon!
Post a Comment