But I wouldn’t have been surprised. As a youth, I only had one goal in life and that I accomplished at age 20. My life has been pretty much random ever since. I do have a list of things I want to do before I die but mostly wherever the wind takes me, that is where I go. (Yes, James, I am "driven and tossed by the wind".) I realize that for type-A, purpose-driven people this probably sounds like hell. But for me, it’s really good.
!Pura Vida!
I’m going back to my motherland for the summer (and my mother’s house). Matt and I are really looking forward to spending that time with my parents. We’re going to paint the outside of their house because it needs a makeover and because I need to do something that doesn’t involve books and thinking.
My aunt, who teaches at the Beauty College that I graduated from, is trying to get me a summer job as the receptionist. It would be so weird to immerse myself back into the life I was living 10 years ago in almost every way (except now Matt and I can sleep in the same bed in my parents house and I did my time with those scary pedicures).
Here is a list of things I can't wait to do in my little, hippie town:
- Spend time with Dad, Mom, Aunts, brothers, and all their little babies.
- See my brother’s band play at local dives.
- Paint the house.
- Meditate in the ancient Redwood forests.
- Go to Saturday Farmers Markets at the town Plaza.
- Picnic at my (mostly) secret ocean cliff nook thingy.
- Coffee shop dates writing my (80 page) thesis (small book).
- Make jewelry at local bead shop
- Squeaze the life out of my fat-cat -"Toshi"
The House
Obsessive Jewelry Making
Beads, Beads, Beads!!
Redwood Forest(Can you find Matt? - Where's Waldo?)

Secret Ocean Cliff Nook Thingy
Brother's Band
Back to Work(insert sound of cracking whip)

Hippie, Baby Grace in
Little Hippie Town
(those were the good hair days)

PS. Check out the year-round weather patterns for this place. Click HERE
Basically, it rarely goes below 40 degrees or above 64. I prefer L.A. where the summer average high is about 89.

No comments:
Post a Comment