Friday, April 21

Excuses, Excuses!

*First of all, thanks for your help selecting the love-shack destination in the post below. So far Brazil and Costa Rica take the lead (should tell Matt). I'll keep you "posted".


I have more work to do in the next 2 weeks than can actually be done. I have to read about 800 pages of academic jargon, comprehend it, then write my own 40 pages of something uniquely brilliant. YIKES!

On average, I can only read about 10 pages an hour of this kind of nonsense (and that's when I don't take notes). And then once I have a brilliant theoretical idea, an outline sketched out, and notes taken from the volumes of books I've been reading for the last 3 months I can write 40 pages pretty easily. It's just the reading and brilliance part that really slows me down! (Why do 40 pages of writing have to make so much sense? I could have had this done months ago.)

So, if I haven't been in very good contact lately or updated my fascinating blog or replied to a few emails give me some 'grace'...

and I'll give you some later.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For anyone who is curious, the bust is of Friedrich Schleiermacher, the great theologian and philosopher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Schleiermacher

Sib said...

Either sound great, right!? Brazil & Costa Rica. I would probably go to Brazil, though.

I didn't know you were this deeply thrust into reading and writing your 40-pager. Wasn't brilliance one of the Johari findings for you?

Keep pushing through. I can't wait to see the payoff.

Grace said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Just had to express myself over these 40 pages. The funnest part is... these pages are devided up between 2 totally different subjects. My bibliography for one of the papers is over 3 pages long! That's about 35 sources for one paper.

My brain hurts.