Sunday, April 16

Keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle and enjoy the ride!

Help us decide which country we should visit for our anniversary. It will be the big 1-0. We've already started planning... well, I have anyway.

Brazil?
Ireland?
(Matt: "I really want to go back" - Grace: "I've been there, done that, but wouldn't mind going back someday")
Costa Rica?
Netherlands?
(Maybe it's the legal hippie-letuce but you gotta visit Amsterdam at least once in your life.)
Poland?
(I know... how random is Poland?)
Of course, you have to imagine all of these places in winter since we got married at the most unwelcoming time of year.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you all have to keep us in these parameters:

1. Travel in January
2. No more than a week
3. No more than $2,000

#3, for instance, will likely make Costa Rica (mostly resort accommodations) more expensive.

We're listening.

Grahama said...

We had our 10th on maui last summer. Winter summer, like 2 degrees difference. We rented a condo on the oceanfor like $115 a night ( a little more in high season)Loved it. Wake up and sit out on the lanai in the morning and watch the water turn all sorts of crazr colors of blue. condos have things like blenders for, um, juice drinks yeah, that's what we'll call 'em.
If oyu can find cheap airfare New zealand is freaking cool, but for only a week, you'd be traveling for 2 days of it. Oh yeah, y'all are right coasters now, crap. You're closer to Ireland than LA just about. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere in the southern hemisphere or equatorial areas. I think that a break from winter might be a nice thing after going through our first one out here. and from the sounds of things even colder in NJ. Anywho, the best part of our 10th trip was doing nothin. It may be a different perspective since we got to leave the Bean at grandma and grandpas and nothing was a wonderful thing to do, but that space and freedom to do nothing is priceless. maybe equate graduate studies to a kiddo and you can smell what i'm cookin'.
Have fun planning!

Grace said...

Sweet! Thanks Graham. I like the South of the Equator thing... and doing nothing sounds grand!

Keep 'em coming peeps!

Sib said...

hmm...New Zealand is the first place that comes to my mind. 10 years! I wish you could really go all out and spare no expense. Wouldn't that be nice?

I'm also thinking of the Swiss Alps as a good option.

A friend just visited Puerto Rico for a week and had very few complaints.

Tanzania would be incredible, and they could use the tourist money. Here's a site: Lonely Planet, and here.

Sonja said...

Germany? Haha, don't go there in the winter - D.'s uncle has been complaining to me that the weather in Germany is so cold, and all I have to say is that yes, in November, you'll freeze your appendages off!
I'm for Brasil or Costa Rica. They have these zip-lines through the jungle in CR, those could be fun (or torturous if you're afraid of heights...).

T. Basselin said...

$2,000??
Shoot! My uncle's got a real nice cabin in the back hills outside of Huntsville, AL.
I think I could hook you up. Ya'll have a great time. He could even spend a couple days with you showing you how to shoot a deer.
Of course, that would cost a little extra. Bullets are expensive, after all. But I think we could keep in under $2,000.
Just send the check to . . . Me. Or, save the 39 cents and Matt can drop off a check for $2,00.39 when he drives through these parts in May. I'm in no hurry.

T. Basselin said...

had a couple typos there.
ya'll should have been ya'll'll (as in you all will)
and 2,00.39 don't make much sense - let's change it t o 2,000.39

thanks

Grace said...

Thanks for all your help, peeps.

Nick I thought of the Swiss Alps... but then thought of January.

Regina, I'm strong on the Brazil track right now.

Lori, Thanks for understanding... I know I dis'ed the mother-land.

European, somehow I knew you'd throw Germany in the mix. ;)

Basslin, you're crackin' me up... and didnt even notice the spelling errors. I think the back woods of AL would be a new cultural experience for me (not so much Matt) but I think I'll pass for the big 1-0. I wish I could see you in May too. Say hello to the babies.

Lets see... am I missing someone?... Graham, I already commented to you but New Z. sounds very cool.

LOL, I love you guys (and gals, too).

Anonymous said...

my vote has to go to brazil! you have been to ireland and costa rica sounds good, but brazil! it sounds so romantic and so vivacious and so latin!!! my vote is definately brazil!