Monday, February 27

Something Wonderful

It all started when I turned 20. Yep, that’s when it all began. That was the day when I no longer felt like a teenager. (Well, actually, that was the day when I no longer was a teenager -- the feelings came later). That was the year that I got a license to cut people’s hair – I was finally legal (and professional). That was also the year when a certain boy asked me to marry him - and I wisely agreed.

Yep, that’s when my 20’s began… when I turned 20.

Journal Entry
August 26, 1996 (Age 20)


Well, I guess it’s about time I write down how Matt proposed to me…
He walked in with a 2 ½ foot rose and said, “I was just in the neighborhood and I thought I’d bring you this.”…

He bent down on one knee…

“Grow old with me. Will you marry me?”
...
I said "yes"…

We spent the next 15 minutes cleaning up the wine and fixing the bed. Then we tried it again. [Unfortunately, this is not what it sounds like.]

I’ve been enjoying cosmetology school for 6 months now. I only have 3 more months there. I only have 4 months and 10 days until I say, “I do” to Matt… So, there’s a lot to do before January 4th.

[Dec 17th – I passed the California State Board exam for cosmetology.]


[Jan 4th, 97 – I said, “I do” to Matt]

Journal Entry
April 4 1998 (Age 22)

A couple years later and looks like life went pretty much as planned…
You know what else I’ve come to realize? I’m going to do something wonderful! Someday I’m going to stop and say, “This is what it was. This is my ‘wonderful’!”

1 comment:

Grace said...

Yes I did think of that. I thought... I should write more poetically in my journals so when I read through them at age 40 I'll be impressed with myself. I gotta make my 30's sound GOOD!

Ha, ha, ha. My strange world.