And parental discretion is advised for today's example. My parents sent Brendan some gifts in the mail. Among them was a fork that has a tractor-truck type thing as part of the handle, a "fork-lift," I suppose. After dinner Brendan brought it to me as I was starting to wash the dishes and it occured to me that Brendan pronounces truck "cock" and fork "fuck." "Brendan!" I exclaimed, "Say truck-fork." Well, he did and Matt and I (and Brendan) laughed ourselves to tears like a bunch of Jr. Highers. Brendan didn't know what he was laughing about, of course, but thats never stopped him from having a good laugh. I admit to asking him to repeat "truck-fork" another 10 to 15 times while we enjoyed a full-bellied laugh. I blamed sleep deprivation. Can I claim insanity?
Friday, October 2
This is Your Brain. This is Your Brain on Crack.
I have a lot of friends with one child. Knowing how difficult parenting is, many of them have asked me wide-eyed, "How do you manage two kids?" I like to put it like this. Having one child completely changes your life. Having two just makes it busier. But I forgot to mention that it also makes you a little bit more retarded. Here are a few examples from my recent experience. The other day I was so proud of myself for finding the time to shave my legs only to realize later that I had only shaved one. Awkward! Then yesterday I looked frantically in every reasonable place for Eve's paci. Not finding it I gave up. Later I discovered it - right where I put it - between my boobs where I was keeping it warm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sweet, my coaching worked!
Grace, that's so funny!
AHHHHHHHHH HAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA! That's from both me AND Jeff! I am hysterical!
Post a Comment