Friday, August 21

Silly Mama


Right now I'm choosing between folding laundry, journaling, cutting my hair, writing thank you cards and blogging. I think I made the foolish choice.

Today's activities consisted of painting with Zaiah, taking my kid-s to the park (single-handedly, I might add), going to a postpartum appointment (where I was advised to do my Keagle exercises quote "re-li-gious-ly"), visiting in-laws and their new baby in the hospital and getting my suspended license reinstated. Apparently I've been driving around illegally since May. I don't know... something about a radar speeding ticket that I never received, therefore never paid, which turned into a court date that I never went to, which turned into a suspended license and threats of imprisonment for life! OK, that last part was exaggerated.

Fine print: I'm dictating the rest of this post because I am currently acting as food for another human and Matt is my hands-free device.

These days I feel so successful when I've kept the kids, my cell phone and keys out of the lost and found. I'm on my third cell phone since having kids. And my claims to single-handedly taking my kids to the park wasn't exactly true; the nice lady at the park helped me not make my third (brand-new) cell phone (which Matt bought insurance for) a picture on a milk carton. In my defense, I was sitting on a teeter-totter holding a nursing infant at breast-level with one hand while fishing a rock out of my shoe with the other hand, all the while watching my toddler run away. I can't be expected to have seen my fancy-shmancy new phone take an Olympic dive off my one stable leg, now can I?

Furthermore, this evening, while I was AGAIN looking for my phone, I realized I left it in the car. OK! Where are my keys? Probably at the DMV, along with an $80 fee to get my license back. So now, even though I have a license to drive I can't because I don't have any keys. Well, at least I can call the DMV to see if they have them. Matt says, "It is a good thing to attach things to your body." I'd like him to have a 10 lb baby hanging from his tender nipples all day to see if he still thinks that's a good idea.

I feel like I wanted to say something else...about sleep.

Maybe someday when the kids go to bed at a regular time I'll have my life back. And my keys. And phone(s).

End dictation.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace you are living life and you will have no regrets because you have experienced it all now. Your writing is cracking me up! I love it. I have met few people who can express themselves like you. I guess all those years of screaming your head off as a young girl were practice. You are going to be heard because you were meant to be heard. With a twinkle in my eye - Melodee.
PS I love you!

loriann said...

That picture of you and Eve is so precious and beautiful. Jeff thinks so too. Wish I was there. xoxox :)