
We just got back from 2 weeks in northern California where we visited family and escaped the summer heat. Thanks to the constant help of my parents we don't really know what it's like to have 2 kids yet. It's our first day back. So far so good. I just put one kid to bed and I am wearing the other while she's screaming and I type. It's so much easier the second time around. You know which cries to worry about and which ones are going to happen whether you pace the floor worrying or sit and type away. And, an infant cry is practically cute compared to a toddler whine.
We went to the county fair while we were away and Brendan went on his first rollercoaster. It was so much fun to relive the county fair through my little boy! He was so brave. Only 20 months old and he didn't even flinch when he got on his first ride, which was an airplane that he rode all alone. Go Zaiah!! He also went down the infamous Super Slide and got to pet the show animals.



By the way, baby Eve is delicious. Though we've taken to calling her "Miss Gruntled" because more often than not her brow is furrowed like she's solving the world's problems. (They say Eve started the world's problems so it's about time she fixed them.) I'm looking forward to seeing her personality develop. I wonder if she'll be as serious as she looks. Zaiah doesn't have a serious bone in his body so this could be a nice balance around here.

4 comments:
Good to hear you guys had fun out here. Maybe next time i see eve she will let me hold her. She didn't seem too impressed with me this go around.
I love B.'s expression while going down the slide. Could he be any more excited?!
You are all so precious! Miss ya.
That slide kinda scares me, but I bet Brendan loved it.
Post a Comment