My son is talking all of the sudden. It brings a new level of joy to my heart. He's been saying 2 and 3 word sentences for about a month now ("Happy boy, Mama." or "No mouth, Papa." he might say as he puts garbage in his mouth) but yesterday he took it to another level.
He came in the kitchen exclaiming, "PAPA!" with surprised eyes and his mouth in an 'O' shape. "Papa's at work," I told him. Again he exclaimed, "PAPA!" So, I told him again that Papa was at work.
"Mama, see eyes," he said as he motioned me to follow him into the living room. I followed him in and he pointed to a picture of Matt and him on our bookshelf, then said, "Papa. Ya-ya." (which is how he says "Zaiah").
Crazy! He's getting so big.
Thursday, June 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Totally! He'll be reciting the entire alphabet next week. This morning Molly woke up and pointed to her owie on her hand. I acknowledged it and then she said "at Mimi's House," where she got the owie over a week ago! Not only are they talking, but they're putting it all together: experiences, memories, concepts, language. Wow.
Post a Comment