Monday, June 11

Professionally Good Looking

Okay. My thesis defense will take place this Thursday at 11am New Jersey time. (Basically, it's an oral presentation of my research.) I'm starting to worry about the fact that my brain doesn't work so good these days. Today I laughed out loud (alone in my apartment) because I realized the words "started" and "retarded" rhyme. That is the extent of my brain-power lately. I blame baby. S/he is syphoning all of my energy AND intellect.

Anyway, another reason to worry is the fact that I am BUSTING through of all of my professional clothing. I should be worrying about the fact that I have nothing prepared to say to my super-smart professors, but NO. I'm worried about looking professional in whatever clothing that can barely still fit into. I'm thinking that I'll have to apologize for the fact that one of my buttons popped off and flew into their coffee (in which case, I will laugh my ass off and then apologize, of course).

Anyway. Here is what I'm wearing. Opinions required but not necessary. I will wear this no matter what you say... so be kind.

button up shirt
(top 3 buttons refuse to button)



Do you think they'll notice that my pin-striped
pants are actually faded jeans?



Blazer
(Which will come off the second I enter the room.
Just want them to know I tried.)



Notice the massive piles of stuff all around me?
That's what I've been doing for the past week - making piles of organized chaos.
Ahhh... all ready for the move.

3 comments:

Kate said...

You look great Grace. Soon you'll be flying across the country with all of this hyper intelligencia fluttering in the jet stream behind you. Can you believe you're almost here?

Grahama said...

Try not to get into a freak gasoline fight accident on your way.
If you get nervous,.(did you say soemthing about the Inquisition?) just try to picture all of the gallery with their clothes on. Works better than the usual advice, i promise.

xtxbfc

Grace said...

First, AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! I'm so nervous. I still need to write a speech and perfect it today.

Second, YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!! I'm almost out of New Joisey! Whooooo Hooo!! Yipppeee!


(AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! Speeches!)