I PASSED!!
First of all, I'd like to say that I had no opportunity to use my sexual appeal to sway the vote. I was surrounded by gay men and straight women. It was ALL brain-power baby!
Second, someone brought chocolate (me) and someone else brought a camera. Here is a glimp into the terrifying before and after moments.
BEFORE: Nervously reading through my notes
and looking put together
and looking put together

AFTER: Smiling but looking frassled and stunned
like a dear caught in the headlights
like a dear caught in the headlights
5 comments:
First comment:
Congrajubilations!
You're amazing, Master Westbrook.
John (Kate's here too, but she has to post her own comment)
Woooohooo! Congrats!!!!!!!
It's depressing that graduation from master's degrees are not celebrated by friends and family the same way graduations from H.S. and college are. It seems to me the celebrations should get bigger, not smaller. The work certainly gets harder and harder. But, it's as though the pursuit of a master's degree makes you a little too specific to celebrate. No one's sure what it means. Does it really help you get a better job? Sure, every one is proud, but they're not sure what exactly they're prooud of.
Sorry. I didn't mean to be depressing. Honestly, that was suppose to lead up to an encouragement that you fully celebrate your accomplishment. It is a great one!!!
(Maybe that's the issue. This accomplishment is more distinctly yours than are the other graduations.)
Grace - since your husband has been floating around here on cloud nine since your call yesterday, I wanted to add my congratulations, as well as a warm welcome to the Oregon Volunteers extended family.
I can only imagine how much work was engaged in your thesis. I hope that sometime I'll be able to talk in depth with you about it's contents - they are of interest to me. (Somewhere along the line I knew that there was a newer model than Amy Sempel McPherson!!!)
I told Matt that I would deliver a better mattress to you when you arrive, as well as a comfy chair. Please call me at (503) 816-5749 when you get to P-Town and I'll arrange to get them to you.
I've also got some info on a 6/25 event in which you might be interested - feel free to drop me a line: joyk@pdx.edu and I'll send you the particulars.
Have a wonderful time at the wedding, and hurry up to meet us.
Peace,
Kathleen
Thanks Kathleen! I can't wait to meet the rest of the P-land volunteers. I'll definitely drop you a line so we can connect when I get into town, which will be this Tues. (but since I get in late it will probably call on Wed.)
Thanks for your generous words and offers.
See you soon!
Post a Comment