Today, I will go around to stores asking for empty boxes like a bag-lady. Then I will either cut and color my hair or go to the mall and look for clothing that will fit around my blossoming tummy. I'm too big to fit into my flat-stomach jeans but I'm not big enough to fit into tent-style maternity wear. So... I'm thinking I should buy something in between... like leggings and baggy shirts.
Eeeww! Help!
Matt left me last Saturday. He's already living in Portland starting a new job. He calls me at night and describes all his surroundings: the lush trees shading the sidewalks by our new place, the smell of the roses that are growing in our neighbors yard, the grocery store that smells like patchouli oil, our apartment that smells like stale cigarettes.
I'm so jealous! (Not that I like stale ciggies.) I look around me and I see a pregnant woman living alone in New Jersey (no one to bring her water after she pukes) surrounded by a mass of disorganized books and strewn papers. It's certainly not my dream come true.
But I'm excited to say that I fly out a week from this Friday.
I should make today, the day before tomorrow, count by packing a few boxes and looking fabulous.
Here is a picture of a little nook that's attached
to our livingroom in our new apartment.
This is where we plan on putting the baby crib.
I think a nice curtain will make this a (tiny) room of its own.
Don't you?

It comes with a built-in dresser and shelving.
Very convenient.
I think it can work as a changing table even.

to our livingroom in our new apartment.
This is where we plan on putting the baby crib.
I think a nice curtain will make this a (tiny) room of its own.
Don't you?

It comes with a built-in dresser and shelving.
Very convenient.
I think it can work as a changing table even.

7 comments:
I'm overcome by a severe case of nook envy! How I love nooks... *sigh*
What you need for your tummy is a bella band. (Look for it on amazon.) You're quite welcome.
(word verification is wlotsa - lotsa wwwww? Hmmm.)
That's a great changing table area/baby abode! If you need a pack and play, we've got one (beans bed til she was almost 2).
perfect for those small Fuller apartments. We've been frequenting you're new neck of the woods and the hair color option might be the thing to fit in around there. something chartreuse, or maybe mauve.
sagcodd (no thanks, i'll have the halibut)
I'm so stoked that the protesting has been taken up by so many obviously brilliant peoples! STICK IT TO THE (wo)MAN!
yoga pants were my favorite thing to wear pregnant--depending on how you carry baby, you can wear the same (non-maternity, mine were from Target) the whole time. Also, you are sooo lucky to be pregnant with baby doll dresses and shirts in style! They cover up a baby belly along time.
Love the noook! None of our kids would have ever slept in anything close to a living room because they don't want to miss any action---grrrrrrr. Hence, we put them in the darkest corners of the house and invested in white noise machines (that are so grating on the nerves of anyone but the baby). Everyone else we know has had babies that can sleep lots of places, so you guys will have such a cute set up!
I plan on making my baby sleep through loud music. I'll probably put the baby down to a big noisy mess and letting them get used to it.
Hopefully that plan will work. Otherwise, I'll have to use plan B - let daddy put the kid to sleep while mommy gets out of the house.
:)
I heard that.
Mmmm...
You're grass looks greener.
Grass that looks greener is often appears so because it is astroturf.
It's not as big as it may appear, trust me. I'm typing this post from it right now.
Post a Comment