Tuesday, October 24

What Happened to YOUR Face


Today, my mom pointed out that I am "behind" on my blog, so I'll catch up on the other one million things I'm behind on later and post this brilliant update.

Here is what I've been doing. Everything! I get up at the crack of dawn and get to the library by 8:30am. I work there (supposedly on my thesis) until about 2:00pm when I leave for work to make dinner for Family Of Four. When I get home, about 7:30pm, I eat dinner and go back to the library until 10:30pm (sometimes later). On Monday and Fridays I teach 2 English classes from 9-11am and on weekends I prepare lessons for each class. Also on weekends, my old employer (Molly's mom) asks me to babysit nights and (in my weakness for cute babies) I stupidly agree.

In other words, I work 15 hours a day, every day of the week.

Well, I do take Saturday morning off to sleep in and complain about the fact that I'm headed to the library soon. Also, I'm pretty sure I take half of Sunday off but I can't remember what I do or where I go. At that point in the week, I'm on "pilot" waiting for a second wind to blow in from an unknown direction. OH, I think Sunday has something to do with Starbucks and reading thesis material. (This Sunday will also include Molly.)

If it weren't for Matt I'd never have food to eat or clothes to wear.

I won't even tell you about the undergrads who have been allowed to invaded our "graduate" housing and keep us awake between the hours of 11pm-3am on random week nights/mornings. If I were to tell you about the number of times that I (and the police) have visited their door in the wee hours of the morn I would never stop the flow if hostile words that I have stored up for people who will not let a person (a person who works WAY too many hours) sleep.

As a result of their vicious attacks on my precious sleep, I have huge bags now featured below each eye to which a student asked me yesterday, "What happened?". I wanted to ask, "What happened to YOUR face?" but instead I taught her the American idioms "walk on eggshells" and "water under the bridge".

No comments: