
Last night Matt and I went to the campus pub for Monday night football and a poker tournament. But since the poker buy-in was $10 I decided to ditch that scene and flirt with the undergrads instead.
I went around asking if I could take random and miscellaneous pictures of them and post them online. Strangely, all of the young men immediately agreed. Actually, I learned that young 20-something men answer “Yes” to any question a mature and attractive woman asks them. They even answered affirmatively to the question, “Are you ready to lose to a girl?”
Maybe it was a glimpse into the future of masculinity, maybe it was the power of suggestion, or maybe it was the fact that I grew up with a pool table in my room but they all lost – to a girl. Well, "woman" technically.
Here are my random and miscellaneous photos.







They were all action and no talk when it came to giving me their email addresses (so I could send them their photo shoots, of course).


Most eager.
5 comments:
Gracie,
You are a riot! I love reading your blogs. Love ya, Mel
Poor kiddos probably never knew what hit 'em.
Someone ought to have warned them.
You need a label or something;
"Warning, interacting with this woman may cause extreem immasculation, foot in mouth disease or kidney failure".
Well, I hope you're wrong about the first warning, "may cause extreme emasculation" because as much as I talk about the foolishness of masculinity I also foolishly crave it.
Plus, I looked up the word "emasculate" in the dictionary just to be sure of its meaning (outside of the feminist texts that I read) and here is what I found:
1 : to deprive of strength, vigor, or spirit : WEAKEN
2 : to deprive of virility or procreative power : CASTRATE
3 : to remove the androecium of (a flower) in the process of artificial cross-pollination
synonym see UNNERVE
I would hate to think that I have the effect of removing the androecium of a flower in the process of artificial cross-polilination... or that I weaken, castrate, and unnerve!
It was the flower thing i was thinkin about ;)
I would love to find a pub with a $10 poker buy-in in the Los Angeles Area.
Post a Comment