Tuesday, June 6

The Word


I lied about posting once a week on the weekends…

I can’t sit in that library all day. My summertime scholarship will get done. It’s just a matter of how… and when!

This degree has taught me one thing – I’m not a scholar. I’ve decided that scholars love to read. And they probably crave whole days in dark, damp, musty libraries, too.

I find myself looking out the window wondering why I didn’t eat breakfast and what I’m going to eat for lunch since I’m eating my lunch for breakfast.

My best non-professional writing happens when I’m under pressure to write professionally. Just tell me to write 25 pages of academic jargon and all of the sudden my fingers start dancing around on the keyboard acting like they’re very busy producing much needed, profound, and totally new information.

Don’t get me wrong. I love new information. I just don’t want to make a career out of producing and distributing it. I’m a happier consumer.

But, as my man Colbert says, “MOVIN’ ON!” (new topic)

I am currently experiencing telecommunication difficulties.

Does anyone have a Verizon cel phone you want to sell me? I’ve lost mine.


Also, even if I had a phone, I can't get service out here ‘behind the Redwood curtain’ so if you’ve left me a phone message in the past few weeks I wouldn’t know. I’m not ignoring anyone (that you know of) I just can’t retrieve my messages or call anyone else right now. The best way to reach me is by email, this blog, or the infamous my-space-thingy…

until further notice.

“And that’s the Word!”

No comments: