Even though this post is about my hair crisis I wanted to feature these red shoes. Wouldn't you feel happier on a white sky day if you looked down at your feet to find this color?I know I do!
Movin' on!
OK, I have a hair crisis! Well, it’s more like a problem than “crisis”. I remember having a real hair crisis once.
That was back in the year 2000 when I was still working in a salon. My ‘I’m-better-than-you-because-I-was-trained-in-Beverly-Hills’ coworker was highlighting my hair and instead of highlighting it blond he turned it BLUE (grayish-blue, to be exact). He tried to convince me that it wasn’t blue but I’m not THAT blond! I know blue when I see it… my eyes are blue.
But, I'm gonna be honest with you. Any hair problem is a crisis to me. Here’s my crisis. It looks like crap most days. And even though I live in the land of the hairy hippies I still care about how my hair is performing.
Here is my hair-pattern: I cut my hair short and then freak out (“I look like a man!). Then I grow it out indefinitely with no plan of action. Then one day when my hair has gotten lengthy and out of control (it makes my face look 2 feet long) and, in a state of frustrated hysteria, I cut it all off and then freaking out... all over again.
I need friend intervention, your professional-viewing opinion.
What length/style do you like better?
The Smile Like I'm Not A Man Short Hair
The Smile Like I'm Not A Man Short Hair







8 comments:
I love the short hair... big surprise here! Though I have to say that I'm currently letting mine grow out. It's almost through the most awkward phase... yes!!!
Hurry people... I'm having STRONG urges to cut it all off... and Euro's no help. :)
Actually, thanks for your input European. I would actually go shorter than that picture if I went short at all. I'm thinking Pixie.
But if you've been reading this blog for any length of time you'll know that my hair is really symbolic to me. Like Sampson it reflects my source of strength.
What to do?
I actually also REALLY like the Hollywood Diva look with bangs. Maybe just a little trim, huh?
Okay!
Everyone MUST go to this website and try this "Hair Consultation".
http://hairstyles.virtual-hairstyles.com/hairstyles_consultation.html
As I professional Hairologist I highly recommend their advice. They give you advice 'from the book' of what hair style is most attractive for various types of face shapes and hair types.
The good feminist in me says, "This is all vanity that keep women worrying about how to please men!" But the hairologist in me says, "Hey! I knew all of this... its just easy to recommend it to other people than myself."
Anyway, give it a try. It's fabulous darling!
Pixies rule.
Hey! I went to hair school too! But I'm an undercover Hairologist...giving advice to my co-workers in secret office meetings...
Anyhoodle, I think the pixie cut would look fantastic on you!
Thanks for all of your help people. (And hi there fellow hairologist!)
Unfortunately, it is too late for interventions. I have already cut it. I only cut 2 inches off the length and layers (not including the bangs! Whew!)
BUT
I'm interested in the fact that pixie is the preferred look and you know... it's not too late for that one. Hmm...
It's the morning after the cut (yes, I cut it myself in a state of frustrated hysteria). I need to give it a day to settle down and if tomorrow I decide that I've totally butchered it... Pixie here I come.
Thanks for your professional viewing opinions. I'll keep you 'posted'.
Luv the shoes!!
Post a Comment