Thursday, May 25

Withdrawals

Now doesn’t this post seem empty, sad, and pathetic without a good photograph to go with it? I’m going through withdrawals from documenting life through still images. Matt left our camera on our kitchen table in Jersey. Well… that is where we HOPE he left it. He could have left it outside our front door while he loaded the car, or on top of the car while he loaded the trunk, or beside the car while he drove away.

This camera lives in a case that also houses multiple lenses, memory cards, batteries, battery charger, cleaning supplies, etc… This camera was not cheap. In fact, it was a serious investment made for Matt’s photography career, which he does on his spare time (what’s that?). So, needless to say, we’re holding our breath and crossing our fingers hoping that it will be safely sitting on our tiny kitchen table (even though it would have been hard to miss while packing the car for the summer).

Maybe you could say a little prayer for that fancy little machine (that I can’t live without) because, who knows, maybe God cares about lost monetary investments and fancy photo withdrawals along with all of the evil going on in the world.

But the good (or bad) thing about an addiction is – a user will always find a supplier. I doubt Mom and Dad will mind if I carry their camera around like a baby for a few months.






Okay... so I couldn't resist posting a photo that I already had on file, especially because the above mentioned camera is featured in it.

If you see this little machine sitting around will you let me know?

1 comment:

Sib said...

What a bummer!! Would you like us to go over and check it out? Our friends are moving sometime this summer--late June/early July and they were going to need our help anyway--they're just 30 minutes from where you guys live.

Let us know!

Sib