Friday, March 3

ChAoS and Politics

Journal Entries:

December 20, 1999
Reality says, “January 1, 2000 is only the day after December 31, 1999. But somehow it feels lonelier than that. One feels lots of pressure to have big plans for ‘the turn of the millenium’…
Everyone’s worried about this “Y2K bug”. People expect something to happen… no electricity, of course, computer shutdowns, no water, no food – Mass Chaos! Who knows!…
… but I don’t expect too much. There is so much hype it is hard to imagine life after 2000…

July 2, 2000
As you can see, the world is still turning after Y2K. I still have my journal and pen.

December 6, 2000
There’s nothing like voting for a president and still not knowing who was elected – a month later! Bush-Gore-Gore-Bush! Who will it be? Probably Bush – that’s the way it’s looking.
...it’s interesting to think that every four years our country has a peaceful exchange of power.


September 17, 2001
Last Tuesday, Sept. 11, 01 the phone rang…
Nothing could prepare us for this…
This was a very, very sad day…
I saw all 110 stories of both World Trade Towers crumble into rushing billows of ash. I watched people of New York running away from the debris, dropping briefcases and bikes, etc… People were covered from head to toe in ash. They looked like walking dead and their faces told the story…
I remember waking up the next day and thinking, “I can’t believe that REALLY HAPPENED!” That’s when the sadness set in. It’s gotten progressively worse…
I guess our enemy is Usama Bin Laden. It’s so weird but I think he has a peaceful looking face. I wouldn’t be afraid of him if I were just walking by him. He doesn’t look like a mass murderer…
I’m still not totally sure why they’ve done this. I know its probably a mix of our roll in the Gulf War, religion, our propaganda spread throughout the world and our siding with Israel, but the leader of our country keeps saying this is a war against freedom…
God bless Bush’s choices during this time…

No comments: