Tuesday, January 31

The State of the Union

I would like to congratulate the President for giving one of the best speeches of his life. He didn't say anything scandelous (unintentionally anyway). Here were my favorite lines from his speech. (Yes, I took notes... I'm a good university student.)

"the calling of our history is to deliver the oppressed"

"we cannot find security by retreating within our borders... there is no peace in retreat... there is no honor in retreat"

"(we are spreading) democratic reform across the middle east"

"democracies in the middle-east don’t look like ours"

"we must not permit the Iranians to gain nuclear weapons"

"work for lasting peace"

"show compassion abroad"

"reauthorize the Patriot Act"

"terror surveillance program of international communication"
(Hillary shakes head)

"it's a more dangerous world without America"

"stand behind the American military in this vital mission

"(I will) reduce or eliminate government programs that are performing poorly or not important"

"keeping America competitive"

"markets"

"global trade"

"we want people everywhere to buy American"

"America is addicted to oil"
(yes, he acatually said it)

"Human life is a gift from our creator and that life should never be discarded, devalued, or put up for sale."

"May God Bless America!"

No comments: