Sunday, December 4

It's Snowing!!!!!!!!!


I woke up this morning and opened my shades to this... our first snow of the season. It's not really winter yet but it is December.

I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. This California girl took a walk in the snow first thing this morning, even before brushing her teeth or showering. (I don't think the squirrels minded. ;)

I'm listening to Christmas music and making hot chocolate! It feels like a "white Christmas"... oh wait... it is!!
Tonight I'm going into "the city" (as they call it), New York, all by my self. The snow just makes it an even bigger adventure. I'll be taking the New Jersey train to Penn Station and then the subway up-town to 116th street where my friend lives. I feel so grown up! "Look ma'! No hands!"

9 comments:

Sonja said...

jealous, so jealous --->

stupid sunshine ;)

Oh, Momma! said...

Love your photographs and am stupidly jealous of your 'white christmas'.

Oh, if only you could do your dance to bring a wonderfully snowy season our way. And be sure you dance a few extra steps to make sure it stays white well past Christmas, k?

Thanks!

kim

Grace said...

can you believe these photos were taken through my window? Lovin' it...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics...it looks wonderful!

Michael

Kate said...

Grace, Portland has been getting storm warnings of snow, but it has not come yet. Does the snow there happen and stay or melt/wash away? They say it goes away here in pdx fast, but the freezing rain will be fun. The whole city closes because it gets covered in ice.

Oh, Momma! said...

Grace,

I sure hope you are feeling better...

Kim

PS: Is the snow still there or has it melted into the earth?

Grace said...

Hey Kim and Katie,

Yes the snow is still here... there is about 2 inches of whiteness all over the campus. Its SO freakin' cold!

Anonymous said...

4-7 more inches coming Thursday night. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Brings back such wonderful memories I have as a kid. I miss the 4 seasons. Thanks for the beauty. You really do live in a romantic place and with a romantic cell mate. Love you. Madre