I guess a woman could forget to take her life-saving medication or forget to pay her pimp his fair share. (Thank God I’m not on medication!)
My mind is very kind. If I put my mind to it, I can immediately forget anything I don’t want to remember. It’s a skill that has a sad history worth forgetting about and that’s why I say ‘my mind is kind’.
The only problem with this skill is that it often backfires on me. Most of the time, I find myself remembering that I’d forgotten something I didn’t want to forget (or shouldn’t have). This whole deal of getting an education is just my big way of saying, “Grace, for crap-sake, it’s time to start remembering!”
So, I’ve started to remember all the forget-worthy things they tell me not to forget… they tell me it's worth remembering so I don’t repeat history. But sometimes I wonder if I’d rather repeat history one day than remember it every day.
I’ve decided that forgetting will not be the death of me… remembering will.
4 comments:
:)
Grace,
Have I told you lately how much I enjoy your writing? You are such an amazing and interesting writer. Perhaps that's what you could do instead of being a professor?
I think you would/do speak to many a women and men with the way you are able to coherently extract your thoughts.
Not only on serious issues but you have a sense of humor that is quite attractive and real.
I'd buy every book, short story or whatever you published or not.
I just had to take a moment to remind you, as others have mentioned on your blog, that you are a wonderful writer.
Thanks for sharing this gift with all of us.
Kim
PS I hope you're over your cold and hanging in there for the finals.
Thanks Kim, loves and kisses!
Thanks for reading all the books that I haven't YET written. I love my faithful readers.
:)
God has really blessed you with an amazing ability to communicate truth, justice, thoughts, emotions in an acceptable form to whatever audience. Keep seeking Him for the path ahead. So proud to call you my daughter. Love, Madre
Post a Comment