
Since I’ve been at this university, four different professors have told me that I need disciplining, “grounding” they say.
Apparently, Women’s Studies has left me without discipline - lacking a particular “disciplinary school of thought”, that is.
Women’s Studies, being interdisciplinary, cross-disciplinary, transdisciplinary, starts from everywhere…
...and therefore nowhere.
So, I’m planning on growing roots in Sociology. I'll “ground” myself, as they say, I’ll dig deep. And just as I start getting “disciplined” by the
discipline I'll start misbehaving. I'll summon my feminist roots.Then I can play with the big boys…
...and have myself some fun!
1 comment:
They mistake your carefree spirit for undisciplined. You are one of the most focused disciplined people I know in being able to only take on what you know you can finish and finishing in in time and well. Don't get discouraged, you can do all things thru Christ who strengthens you.
Post a Comment