Thursday, August 11

The Happiest Place to Get Whiplash

Last time I visited Disneyland they gave me a gift that keeps on giving – an immobile neck. The day after my visit I couldn’t move my neck without severe pain. A doctor would have called it “whiplash” - had I given her the chance. But instead of getting a doctor’s note and suing Disneyland for all they are worth (and they’re worth a lot, aren’t they?) I did the ol’ icepack and Tiger Balm trick. My home remedy did just fine… for the moment, but my neck (and now back) has never been the same. The simple motion of driving in the car can make my neck muscles curl up into little balls (happy little balls, of course.)

The reason I’m telling you all of this is because tomorrow I’m going to the Happiest Place to Get Whiplash, again. This is because I have a dear friend who has flown in from China to see me and this is one of her favorite places. But the good news is that Space Mountain (the whiplash culprit) has been “renovated”, which I believe is code for “hopefully we won’t send people to the chiropractor anymore”.

In any case, my heart is full of love from good friends and happy memories – I will brave the consequences (and steer clear of particularly jerky rides).

No comments: