Tuesday, June 8

I Give Up!

Fine! I should just rename this blog "Boobs And All That Jazz" because that seems to be what's happening in my life right now (which is pretty ironic since mine aren't much to speak of post-breastfeeding. They've lost some muchness... though I still love them).

Anyway, Brendan was all about boobs today. When he saw me in my bra this morning he said, and I quote, "Mama, what are those boobs all about?" Well, that's a loaded question which can be answered in as many ways as the question can be asked, so I did the motherly thing and repeated the question back to him. His next question, "Can I see them?" Trusting his developmental innocence and not wanting to associate shamefulness to the female body I said "Sure." With my bra back in place he chuckled and said, "Nice sunglasses." Yeah. These are the days.

And below is a picture of Brendan holding up a nipple from a bottle up to his chest and offering it to Eva who instinctively latched on to it. This was totally his idea and not staged. I'm actually surprised I wielded my phone quickly enough to snap the picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh. I'm just cracking up here! Mel