Brendan is becoming a regular boy; manhood must be just around the corner. In fact, the other day he said to me, "Hi. I'm the man. Nice to meet you. I want some mint chip ice-cream." He never reminded me of his father so much as in that moment. (hee hee)
Matt has been looking forward to taking Brendan on his first camping trip and yesterday was his first attempt at it. It went very well, other than the hour and a half it took him to fall asleep in a tent. They only stayed one night. That is enough when you've got a 2 year old loose in the wild.
His First Marshmallow Roast...

...And Indulgence

They caught a couple fish for dinner.
Brendan even swallowed one bite (no chewing involved).
He even took his first boat ride.
Papa made God-Like status in Brendan World
(if he wasn't there already).
I got a nice break hanging out with our non-hyperactive, play-by-myself child. Ah! This is what it's like to parent one mellow child. I could do that 8 days a week.


1 comment:
SOOOOO cute!!!!! I love the marshmallow-eating one! Glad it was a good trip. Can't wait to take Jack if it ever gets warm here. :)
Post a Comment