Saturday, January 30

Now I know MY ABCs!

A) I'm looking for jobs even though I know I can't possibly get a career job yet. Just looking to see what the future holds for stay-at-home-mom's with Women's Studies degrees. Looks like I'll be wrapping steamed towels around men's arms again about a year from now.

B) I thought I would be doing something again soon that brings vibrancy to my soul - dancing - but turns out I can't afford to. I'm saving my pennies so I can leave town as soon as my baby isn't acting like such a baby anymore.

C) I'm sitting in a coffee shop (on borrowed time from Matt) acutely aware that I have no life and that there is none ahead of me in the foreseeable future. Who knew having kids would mean the swift execution of the person formerly known as myself. I guess I'll end on a happy note and say the old cliche , "I wouldn't trade them for anything." It's true. But that doesn't mean I can't pout.

2 comments:

loriann said...

Pout away. It makes you a better mom. :)

The Cain Family Chronicles - My Life with ADHD said...

You'll just have to come have a life of a time with me for a couple of weeks.