I will try to post a little something daily to let you know if I am still great with child.
I went to my prenatal appointment yesterday to find out that nothing has changed down in "the region" (still dilated 2, 70% effaced - shop talk for "you could pop a baby out any minute"). I was a little freaked out to hear my midwife say the "I" word - induction. I am creeping up on 40 weeks (Monday) and she said that she would be "comfortable" letting me go to 41 1/2 weeks before inducing me. I would be comfortable never being induced, thank you very much! unless there is a medically necessary reason for it. I don't plan on letting them near me with petocin. I guess that documentary The Business of Being Born put the final nails in my coffin of suspicion about all that.
I'll keep you posted. And if I don't... well... you know.
Thursday, July 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The "I" word always makes me nervous and twitchy. You know they can't force you to do anything.
And, dare I say it? There are some natural ways to encourage labor to start. :)
I'm pretty sure I have my friend Petocin to thank for an emergency c-section. But, then again, I'm also pretty sure I have my friend Petocin to thank for not having a 44 week pregnancy... LOL Whatever happens, you will do GREAT! If I did it, anybody can! Goooooooo STELLA!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment