Sunday, May 17

Veggie Tables

We enjoyed eating some of our green onions and lettuce for lunch the other day. Satisfying in every way!


The garden is in a good mood despite this Summer heat wave.
What happened to Spring, y'all?


The artichoke plant is thriving. This and Chard are my all time favorite veggies. I can't wait to enjoy these particular veggies!


The broccoli is showin' off already.


And the peas are doing a happy climb.


I'll feature other veggies some other time.

Speaking of food, my non-pregnant self has never been much of a carnivore. But today I put a hungry prehistoric human to shame! I had a sudden wave of nausea - something I haven't felt since the 1st trimester - and my body told me to eat meat immediately or suffer the consequences. I sent Matt to the store for a rotisserie chicken and promptly ate a third of it upon his return. I shamelessly gnawed on this animal's bones (something that normally disgusts me); I sunk my teeth in and siphoned every last bit of the juicy flesh from it's carcass. I was a greasy mess 3 minutes later. Mmmm. Good times.


5 comments:

Ramón said...

Mmm...meat.

loriann said...

Spring is stuck in Kalamazoo. We don't even have our plants out yet b/c it's still in the 30's at night. GRRRRRRRRR!!!! Hoping to get them out on Friday. Fingers crossed...

jmcvay27 said...

Yea for you guys! Are plants go in the ground tomorrow! Finally past freezing temps at night. Can't wait to compare garden notes and photos.

jmcvay27 said...

Wow! "Are plants" should be "our plants". Hook ed on fonics wurked 4 mee.

Matt W. said...

Actually, phonetically you were correct. So apparently hooked-on-phonics worked quite well for you.

Now get back to weeding, dammit!