Tuesday, March 17

Birthing Again

So, I'm 23 weeks (out of 40) and already counting down to my birth-ing day. I'm actually really excited to give birth again. I'm not sure if my excitement is because on that day I will no longer be pregnant (I don't love it) or if it is because I will have the chance to show my Amazon side one more time by wielding my amazing power. "Bring it on!" I'll yell, as I run toward the pain. (My tag phrase during labor last time.) My midwife said that my labor should be even quicker this time than it was last time. It was 9 hours last time, 5 hours of which I spent at home, the first 2 alone not feeling the need for support. So this time I'll go straight to the hospital when my water breaks or contractions start, whichever comes first.


I know for sure that I'm looking forward to the hospital stay. The midwives at Kaiser are great and more importantly I will have REST once again, if only for 2 days! I loved my hospital stay after Brendan was born. At the push of a button I'll have a whole host of women waiting on me. [push button] "Narcotics, please." [push button] "Chocolate milk, please." [push button] "Change my diaper, please." ( Um... I meant the baby's diaper, naturally. ;)



Look at us, all cozy and resting and high from that intoxicating newborn scent!

Bring it on!

Here's a stroll down memory lane.

1 comment:

loriann said...

You OWN labor! BRING IT ON! (And the narcotics!)