Sunday, December 28

Hello World, It's Me Again


photo edited by Graham

I realize this blog has gone to cyber-hell over the past year. It has become little (nothing) more than a place to post pictures of the cutest baby I ever did know. My scarcity of words was due partly to the fact that I have had my maternal hands full AND because I no longer sit in front of a computer acting productive while avoiding the task of writing a book. But I will likely get more loquacious as the days go by. This is because even though I don't have an external force driving me to write (grad school) I have a new and improved one --ME! I've decided to say this word more often -- "Me." It sounds good in the whirlwind of labor-intensive baby-making days; and to a soul that often feels "You" should take precedence. Well, not anymore.

Back to Me!

I've decided to schedule my days rigidly, something that doesn't come naturally to me, so that I can feed myself, husband and child, exercise, take a shower, and have time to write. (I'm guessing I'll post blogs in an effort to avoid the real writing that should be taking place.) I believe I have a crazy amount of potential and a lot going for me -- brilliance, a couple of degrees, wit, sass, general coolness, not to mention sex appeal -- that if I didn't live up to my full potential in the world I'd have no one to blame but my arch-enemies: Self-Doubt, Apathy and Procrastination (those bitches). Don't get me wrong, I'm quite accomplished already. I'm a Nail Technician, an Esthetician, a Hair Designer, a Barber, a Bachelor as well as a Master of Arts. I've been very busy over the past 12 years. But I'm realizing that if I want to maintain a sense of self during the baby-making years I'll have to be strategic. Willful. Rigid with my time.

I've run out of time to say anything more in this post. I should have been exercising 15 minutes ago.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to your new world Grace! Good for you. I hope to adopt some more rigidness (and sass and brilliance) myself - please keep us posted on the process! And congrats on the new little one.

I look forward to Moses and Brendan meeting soon. - Cara

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Grace! Sass, me time, brilliance and an amazing gift for writing, will surely do the rest of us good and you, a varying sense of accomplishment, outside of mommahood.

Congratulations on your newest and foreign creature growing within you.
We look forward to hearing about this process and seeing this little one's little face, when that day comes.

Happy New Year and here's to the written language in your words.

Love, Kim

loriann said...

STELLA IS BACK!
You're amazing and brilliant and I can't wait to read EVERY WORD of what you write. I'm so proud of you Grace!!!!
Love,
Lori

Grahama said...

Your readership has already increased! ;)

Kendy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.