Monday, June 23

Going to Seed


Our tomato plant is taking over the garden! Soon we'll have more cherry tomatoes than we can stomach. And by "we" I mean "me." Matt doesn't eat them. I should sell them at the farmer's market and call them "Tomatinos" just to be fancy.

The cilantro is going to seed already but we've made some fresh salsa over the past few weeks. The chives are still thriving despite the cat's unmentionable activities.



The spinach is going to seed, too, but we got some fresh summer sandwiches while they flourished. We'll have to plant some more. (Fingers crossed since they like cool weather and the heat is turning up.)


Here you can see the sunflowers, which were planted late in the season. They have recently taken off with the arrival of our delinquent sun.

3 comments:

Sonja said...

Tomatoes are exciting - I have a few volunteer tomatoes. They just randomly showed up where I had planted tomatoes last year (and completely ignored after August-ish).

loriann said...

Mmmmmm.... Looks yummy! We called those little tomatoes Tommy-Toes where I grew up. And my brother loves them. You could send your spare ones to him! LOL

Anonymous said...

Grace,

Save those cilantro seeds! Coriander makes some great Indian food.