Wednesday, July 18

Pregnancy and Portland Prattle

First, I'd like to tell the world that although the list of pregnancy "symptoms" is hardly worth reading, there are perks. For example, as you start "showing" (getting maternally fat) people begin treating you differently -- kind and gentle, like -- "Don't lift that box! Let me get it," "Here you go ma'am [door opens]," "Here, take mine [someone gets out of a chair]" ect... It's kind of nice, actually. But my favorite part is annoying Matt in public (like when I kicked wet sand all over his leg in Hawaii) and then when he inevitably retaliates yelling "DON'T HURT THE BABY!!!!" Not only is Matt horrified and speechless, but the way that perfect strangers look at him is priceless! Their obviously thinking "What a BASTARD!!"

[laughing] Good times.

Anyway.

Second, CLICK HERE for pics of Portland. (I haven't taken pics of the urban center, yet, which is about 5 to 10 minute away from our place. Soon, soon.)

3 comments:

Grahama said...

Good thing Ikea opens next week!
They've got Lingonberrys.

Grace said...

Actually, that's the plan - Go to IKEA to find bookshelves.

My Swedish friend Fredrik will be sad to know IKEA is the closest I might ever come to visiting his great country. All I know about Sweden is: they sell a lot of furniture to U.S. Americans, they make great meatballs, and Sweden provides healthcare to their people. (Everyone must watch the new Michael Moore movie "Sicko" by the way. It's important.)

Sonja said...

Wow, that's green. Almost like it's alive or something. Green, living things... what a concept!
Hmm. (Contemplating watering my lawn more often now!)