Saturday, June 23

All Good Things...

It is with strange sadness that I end this blog. I say "strange" because talking to an imaginary audience has been my sanity through the lonely adventure of life-in-New Jersey. I say "sad" because I am a sentimental fool who cherishes even the smallest and briefest pleasures in life.

The name of this blog is the strongest motivating factor for ending it. As you know, I am no longer "live from New Jersey". And, frankly, I haven't decided if I'll start up a new blog. In a few months (in December) my life is expected to change drastically and I'm not sure if I will have time to document it in significant ways. If I do, I imagine that my paper journal (that dusty book now packed in a box, currently crossing the country with all of my other earthly
possessions... i.e. other books) will likely get a lot of love in the days to come. I anticipate that I will have a lot of real-live people to engage with and that the relational scandal that will inevitably ensue will be fully disclosed in the pages of that bound book (instead of on public display for the world to read as I have bemoaningly acknowledged and yet desperately needed for lack of a real-live community over the past 2 years). And anyway, I'm tired of censoring myself so severely, even though some of you might not imagine that I do this.

As you must know by now, I live through still-images and will likely need a venue for displaying the emotive moments of life caught on film. And, as you must also know, I have moments of rhetorical inspiration that might also need an
outlet. So, the likelihood of a new blog emerging is strong, although it may take a different shape than this one.

But I believe that this blog has a few good posts yet to come, even though all good things must (eventually) come to an end.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gracie,
Have enjoyed your 'jersey' blog--miss you and Matt here in LA--congrats on the baby and blessings for a new chapter in portland--hope to connect with you both soon, B

Grace said...

Hey Barry, Matt and I have sure missed our New Ground community. (And i of course miss running my fingers through your hair.) I planned on stopping in last Sunday until I found out I had a post-wedding brunch to attend and then a visit to a long lost friend who happened to be in LA at the same time I was. Excuses, excuses, I know.

Love and miss ya.

Anonymous said...

just as well you didn't stop by because we didn't meet---we are on a monthly cycle now--ha! ha! and experimenting with some different things -please stay in touch once you are settled in portland--will, who used to play percussion with me has just moved with his family to Portland---maybe its the new frontier? love to you both, Barry

Unknown said...

I'll miss your photos. I stop by once in a while...for no particular reason. I stumbled on your blog nearly a year ago by accident and you seemed like a relatively normal person in the abnormal blogosphere world. Congrats on the baby. I'm pregnant myself with baby #3 (due late August). I hope everything goes well for you, your partner, and your new bundle of joy.

Ciao.

Grace said...

Thanks "life upside down". I remember you actually. Thanks for stopping in once in a while. And congratulations with baby #3.