Portland is sometimes called "Bridgeport" because of its many bridges.

There are fun walking paths on either side of the river.
Good view of the bridges. So peaceful.

Some of the bridges elevate to let ships through.


Others rudely stay in place.

Today I can't stop thinking about our new home.
I can't wait to get to know this city and it's outlying areas better.
You know how I get with cities. This is no L.A. affair.
I think I'm ready to fall in love.

7 comments:
That last bridge looks very Lord of the Rings to me.
Doesn't it? GO here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/towst/285442751/in/photostream/ - to see my friend Graham's excellent photo of the same place.
The pic right after that (with his daughter on his back) is on the hike to those falls. Mmmm. Good little hike.
If I ever left California, it would be for Portland. The city is beautiful and wonderfully urban. It reminds me of a greener Pasadena.
Honestly, this is the only city I can see myself living in long-term that is outside of California. I'm a California Grrrl but this city is calling me.
That last picture is Multnomah Falls correct? I was there last Summer on our way to the Oregon Coast to stay in Yachats, OR.
Yes, it is Multnomah Falls. I've been there too and it looks just like the photo.
Amazing!
hello I am an artist here in portland, and I stumbled upon your pics of portland and one of them is going to be one of the refernces to one of my paintings. Just wanted to say welcome to Bridge town.
----Brett Superstar
Post a Comment