Tuesday, March 6

Things You Didn't Know:

  • The "E" on my keyboard has been typed completely off. I think I must do this all (16 hr) day - E E E E E E E E E E E e e e e e e e e E E E E e. EEeeither that or the nail on my left middle finger is particularly sharp.
  • The three people I talk to at work are not actually people... they're cats. One is fat, one is depressed and the other is just plain scary. (He's either sitting on the 6th stair looking at me when I walk around the corner or suddenly standing behind me. He never says a word either.)
  • When I'm overwhelmingly sad I dance to LOUD music until I sweat. (Gotta be the endorphins)
  • Bill Gothard never got married OR had kids. He turns 73 in November.
  • I got paid NOT to do my job today.
  • In 1974 "27,500 people sat through what might be called a rather prosaic Bible lesson an hour and a half at a stretch, and the only ones who walked out were those who had to go to the bathroom” (Bockelman, 1976, p. 14). Seriously.
  • I’m turn 31 soon. Didn't I just turn 30 yesterday?
  • The only pants sold in stores right now are bell-bottoms or tapered legs. Is it the 70’s or 80’s people? Make up your schizophrenic minds!
  • I have never before cared about American Idol… never before now, that is. I have (without warning) decided that I MUST see every episode (even if I have a deadline to save the world with 80 pages of brilliant thought.)
  • Idol contestant Blake Lewis is my new crush. (Damon is SO last year.) Bring it to me Blake!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeasy there Grace. Don't go mixing crushes and Bill G. You'll end up in a straight jacket. LOL ;)

Grahama said...

bummer he's gay huh?
not that there's anything wrong with that.

oujawie

Anonymous said...

Ya, I've got to agree with Lori.

I remember sitting through day-long Gothard indoctrination sessions when I was a teenager, and being agree enough to want to throw things at the screen.

Grace said...

Sarcastrix, it's always good to find other people who have been subject to Gothard's strange lectures as a child. I found a funny recovery site for children of Gothardites - www.xatiguy.blogspot.com/

It's a "satire, commentary, news and rehabilitation" website for people who were subjected to his homeschooling program. Worth a good laugh.