Another dream that would wake me up in a cold sweat as a child was even stranger, but this dream never changed. It was a beautiful sunny day and I was wearing a dress, as if I were on my way to church. Suddenly, I would realize I was on my way to church… I was falling through the sky to my death on a church steeple. (I've never attended a church with a steeple, by the way.) Of course, I woke up right before that spiky cross stuck me through the heart but I had the feeling if I closed my eyes I would keep falling and surely die.
I’ve often wondered what my young psyche was worried about. I know that I hated wearing dresses to church (or anywhere, for that matter, especially the navy blue one, yuck!). And I doubt my baby brain could have known what kind of real danger exists inside of many churches for women. But right now, 12:21am, I can’t stop thinking about this dream. I've decided that my older-self was sending my younger-self a message.
I was saying, “Don’t worry little-Grace, you’ll wake up before you die on a spiky cross erected by some random church. Don’t worry, just wake up QUICK!!”
2 comments:
interesting
Maybe it is actually a premonitionm and that is actually how you are gonna die. All you would have to do is stay away from airplanes, helicopters, deridgables, trebuchet and large birds and you can take all the risks you want knowing that's it's not gonna kill ya!
There's gotta be a movie like that somewhere.
dang i wish these things had spell checkers.
lwbtmidr
(...as I continue to protest the use of these secret code things i consider using them myself. frickin spam comments. there should be laws!)
Post a Comment