I agree--why meth? Apparently, some time ago Oprah had an episode with all these soccer moms from suburbia that were meth addicts. The ladies made it sound like it was becoming the drug of choice for their kind. My guess would have been speed, but what do I know?
I'm pretty sure meth is speed. ?? I think it's a stimulant.
If I were running a mega-life I'd want to relax on my spare time.. not hype myself up on speed.
Maybe people whose life is so fast pace get addicted to the natural adrenaline high they get from it all and need to keep it up when they’re “off-duty”. That was Matt's guess and I think it's a strong possibility.
The other thing I learned recently is that meth is the drug of choice for the gay male community. (Obviously, not all gay men use drugs but for those who do... that's the trend, I guess.)
6 comments:
This story made me shudder. What a nightmare for ALL involved!
I'm still trying to figure out what happened to hard liqueur and hashish!
When did meth become the recreational drug for conservative Christian mega-church-building pastors?
I'm very confused.
I'm going to avoid the term "evangelical" like the plague from now on.
Dad
that was funny, dad. lol
I agree--why meth? Apparently, some time ago Oprah had an episode with all these soccer moms from suburbia that were meth addicts. The ladies made it sound like it was becoming the drug of choice for their kind. My guess would have been speed, but what do I know?
Such a sad situation.
I'm pretty sure meth is speed. ?? I think it's a stimulant.
If I were running a mega-life I'd want to relax on my spare time.. not hype myself up on speed.
Maybe people whose life is so fast pace get addicted to the natural adrenaline high they get from it all and need to keep it up when they’re “off-duty”. That was Matt's guess and I think it's a strong possibility.
The other thing I learned recently is that meth is the drug of choice for the gay male community. (Obviously, not all gay men use drugs but for those who do... that's the trend, I guess.)
Post a Comment