Raging mad rant... (Be Warned)
The number of times I’ve been asked during a job interview when I plan on having children: 3.
The number of times this question came from a woman: 3.
Number of times I wanted to say, “That’s an illegal question” and then not get the job for being an ass: 3.
Number of times I’ve submitted to that question, bullshitting in the most employer-friendly way: 3.
Number of times I have felt like b*!#$-slapping those women: infinite!
Yes, I’m pissed right now. Today makes the THIRD time that question has been thrown at me during an interview!! Who cares when I’m having children!! Am I qualified for the job or not? Are they afraid I just want this job to pacify me before I get pregnant (my true ambition) and run home wasting their training time and money? Are they afraid I might get pregnant and then NOT run home, forcing them to find temporary employees to fill my job while I’m on maternity leave? Are they afraid once I come back I will be too preoccupied with family to give 110% of my time to their lousy job? Or are they just making sure that I’m “normal” – possess “maternal instincts”, fully understanding what is at stake if I don’t procreate like the rest of womanity - social annihilation!
I swear to The Big Man upstairs, the next person who asks me that question in a I-decide-if-you-eat-tomorrow kind of situation is not only going to get an earful of profanities but a desk full of lawsuits!
If I were going to mix my body with my income I would have done it a long time ago. Every body has an expiration date and I believe mine is “best if sold by” 2015. I would sure-as-hell make A LOT more money selling my body to a whole other industry! At least they’re honest about what they’re doing.
Here’s an idea, women. Let’s just carve the uterus' out of our bodies. Then we could walk, talk and WORK like men. Or, here’s a novel idea, lets just assume that the ‘baby-daddy’ gonna leave work early to pick the kid up from daycare and start asking him about his baby/mama-drama during job interviews.
Saturday, August 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Preach it, sista!
Still mad.
Post a Comment