
For an American, I’m really into the World Cup.
I know the rest of the world has always been pretty obsessed with this sport – a sport they call “futbol”. I also know that the U.S. sucks at it. I think it’s because we are more interested in our version of “football”. (A game where the ball rarely ever touches a foot.)
But, hey! I really like American football, too. You can’t beat a bunch of Tight-Ends all lined up in tight-pants. (But I must admit… some of our football players can be pretty scary looking.)
Anyway, like I was saying, I’m really enjoying the World Cup. You can’t beat the energy and excitement of the crowd and announcers when someone makes a “GOOOAAAL!” But, when it comes to futbol, not only are these men possessors of unparalleled talent… they have strikingly chiseled features, too. For me the World Cup is more than the testosterone-filled competition of sportly talent.
It’s a fabulous display of The World’s Most Beautiful Men.
“GOOOOOOOOAAAAL!”
9 comments:
I must take offence to at least 2 things in your last post my friend. Firstly, The US doesnt suck (despite todays dismal result) We're actually ranked 5th in the world coming into the world cup. We sued to suck big time, bit were getting our crap together and people acually have expectations of them.
Secondly, and i think more vehemently, I object to your objectification of the humans that are representing our country in this wonderful tournament. These "men" have personalities and feelings that go much deeper than their deeply chisled buttox may reveal. Even some of us who aren't playing "proffesionaly" and may be growing a bit more roundey like than chisled have some of these deep thoughtful thinkings. Why, just the other day I thought about something that was very hard to think. so there.
To sum up; I like the futball too.
dang dude, you should really have someone spell and grammar check your comments!
I had a feeling I would get opposing oppinions from one or more of my male or soccer-fan readers.
I was counting on it actually.
Thanks for your comments Graham. I actually didn't know that US was 5th before the World Cup began but I still felt the liberty to say "For an American, I really into the World Cup." Oh well... can't know everything, I guess.
I actually really love watching soccer.
It's crazy fun (and not just for the chiseled buttocks'.
Fussballl! Wheee!
it's a great bit of madness, watching 3 games a day and trying to work and sleep and stuff. Eh, I can rest for the next 4 years.
You do a great job of saying inflamitory things to solicit comments. i need to do more of that. maybe i'll try it here in hopes of intriguing your readers to check out my blog and comment there. (for anyone tempted, you don't even need to enter any secret code thigy like you do here)
let's see... something fantastical.... hmmmmmmm.
A-ha! i've got it!
George W. Bush. Great president or greatest president?
yup, that should do it.
I LOVE your Stephen Colbert quote! (hands off girls - he's my nerd-crush!)
My answer to "great or greatest?" is on your blog!
We are too!
That's tricky, leaving cryptic comments without context and relying that i'll check back here to know what the hell you're talking about!
It worked though.
great minds...
I'm confused...
"Call if anything is happening!"
Post a Comment