I miss LA today.I miss seeing people smile for no apparent reason and hug and kiss each other as they pass. I miss seeing people attached to their cel-phones laughing and dishing the dirt. I miss knowing exactly what to wear in the morning when I see blue sky (hardly anything, of course).
And, as horrifying as it may sound, I even miss flying down a 6-lane highway in my automobile at unreasonable speeds with my windows down, music up, hair flying, and palm trees zipping by! I guess the President was right (about one thing) - this oil addiction IS hard to kick. I almost miss those high-speed chases that I tried to avoid (on the TV and the highway).
All I can think about is a long drive, some sassy music, and friends to dish the dirt with. (wishing, wishing, wishing... )
4 comments:
Right there with ya, Grace---as you saw on my own blog. At first I appreciated the simplicity of the people here but now I find them more dull and reserved. I want to scream: "Lighten up, puleease!" I don't know what it takes for people to open up here. I'm sure some six lane highways and palm trees would do them some good too :)
... the orangish sunsets provided by all of our rockin down the road, needing the "expert manouverer" endorsement to get in to a gas station, kilt friendly temperatures.... i do miss it all.
Miss you too, Gracie!
OH! I forgot about the kilts. I do miss seeing men in skirt-type wear.
:)
I miss you too, Euro! Say hi to D.
Post a Comment