Friday, January 27

Escaped With My Life

Okay, HERE’S a New Jersey adventure for you!

Last night as I left the campus café at 11:30 headed for my “loft” (I’ll call it) I was almost murdered by two massive bucks (I may be exaggerating). I stepped out the door to find myself 20 ft away from 8 deer, 2 of them were “4 or 5 pointer” bucks (sorry for the hunting reference… how else do you say that? They had 4 or 5 horny growths on each side of their massive antlers.) Anyway, we just stood there face to face for a while. The only things between them and me were -- their babies, of course!

Picturing the morning headlines “University Student Mauled To Death By Massive Bucks”, I tried to get back in the building but instead just made a loud noise trying to open a locked door. So, I turned back around with my huge (fake) fur-rimmed hood flapping in the iceberg wind like some kind of threatening gesture just to make eye contact with them once again. I stood perfectly still while the adult deer stomped the ground trying to get their babies to stop curiously gazing at me and run for their lives. Finally, they all wandered away… and I…

I escaped with my life.

Wheeeww… now THAT was an Alaskan experience!

I’m telling you! This campus is invigorating if nothing else. The other day the squirrels were in such a bad mood. They were all mad, trying to shake each other off of tree branches and seriously fighting with each other. I even saw one of them with a pretty bad wound on its shoulder. Sometimes the 200ft walk from my “loft” to the café is all drama, drama, drama. (I can’t really get enough drama in my life, though, can you?)

[On a more serious note, today I was forced to chose between two things. The choice was between doing something safe and sane or something courageous but insane. Don’t bother asking me what it is because I wont tell you (really… I wont). It’s a choice that I’ve been contemplating now for many months and today was the decision deadline. I am proud to say that I have chosen the courageous but insane option. I just needed to get that off my chest (breast). Don’t worry folks, life would have gone on quite normally for all of you no matter which option I had chosen. You’ll just need to be there for me when I go insane, okay?]

2 comments:

Grahama said...

so, what guage is it?
Right or left?

Grace said...

When it comes to "left" and "right" my friend... it's always left.

(true and false... it's always sometimes)