Monday, January 16

Broke

Brokeback Mountain is one of the most amazing movies I've seen in a long time. It was the most beautiful and painful love story, so timely when it comes to the social justice issue of our time. This story line was brilliant in how it addressed the issue of violence - both senseless violence but also how violence gets tangled up with sexual desire (especially in the male psyche).

I highly recommend this movie both because I care about offering dignity to all people and because it is a brilliant story line.


It wouldn't be appropriate to talk about this movie without mentioning the fact that Heath Ledger is my new big thing. Move over Matt (Damon, that is)... Heath is the new kid on the block.

1 comment:

Sib said...

can't wait to see it...can't wait to actually go to a theatre again. it won 4 golden globe awards.