
Did you ever yell "I'M TELLING!!" at a sibling when they did something wrong? You just wanted to go and tell the authorities on them? Well, "I'M TELLING!" I'm telling you (the authorities of social life) that Sociologists are writing sentences that are long enough to be paragraphs trying to explain you and your activities... and using words like "phenomenological" while their at it!
Here is a paragraph I read today that is actually one HUGE sentence. I cannot decode it for the life of me - can you?
"Oblivious to the vagaries of intellectual fashion, Bourdieu has steadfastly argued the possibility of a unified political economy of practice, and of symbolic power in particular, that effectively welds phenomenological and structural approaches into an integrated, epistemologically coherent, mode of social inquiry of universal applicability - an Anthropologie in the Kantian sense of the term, but one highly distinctive in that it explicitly encompasses the activites of the analyst who profers theorectical accounts of the practices of others."
WTF??
3 comments:
MF-er, WTF?? I tried to read that to John and Dave and they both had no idea what was going on?
It's SO wrong isn't it?!
Well. I just wonder why people write books if htey obviously don't want anyone to actually read them. Snobs.
Post a Comment