I am officially protesting the seriousness of the east-coast! People here take themselves SO seriously and everyone looks like they are holding their breath! I've seen enough straight faces for a lifetime! I feel like saying, "Okay people, it's time to exhale now."I try to make a little joke or give a little smile and it's returned with an uncertain, uncomfortable nod of acknowledgement that I do exist. They look at me like maybe the school has some kind of quota to let in a certain number of California-airheaded-blondes but no one will dare to indulge in the lighter side of life with me. I actually reassured a guy sitting next to me in class the other day that I was, in fact, "really very bright", even though I'm pretty sure I was talking to myself.
I fear I'll return home an academic zombie with nothing to say except, "I think the theoretical principle at hand is that the epistemology of the subject is flawed, causing all proper objects to yield less true results."
Help!
Anyone have a little spice to throw my way?
3 comments:
even though I thoroughly enjoyed that comment I decided to delete it because parental guidance was advised... or more accurately stated - my parental units read this. ;)
I LOVE my scandelous friends!!!
thanks Lori for throughing some spice my way, especially in the form of Orlando!
Grace, I'm afraid I don't have any spice for you right now, but when you come out here I promise to show you a good time!
Grace,
Take it from a native, the only place to find spice on the East Coast is Connecticut. I think Lyman is from Connecticut.
John
Post a Comment