Thursday, September 8

Miss Molly and Me

Today I met my first friend here in NJ – Molly. She wasn’t quite sure what to think of me at first, but I wasn’t offended. I’m not the happiest person when I first wake up either. Let me explain.

I’ll start by saying, I left L.A. with a few questions like How am I going to survive on student loans? Will I make any friends? Who will fund my weekend escapades to New York City? And how can I fill the void of my four nephews and niece I left behind in L.A.?

Molly.


She is the answer to all of those questions!

Even though, no curly-haired, bobble-head one-year old could take the place of those four crazy kids in L.A., Molly will come pretty close. Her parents are going to pay me to hang out with her a few hours a week. How couldI refuse that?

So, today was my first day on the job. Molly slept the whole time and 2 hours later I had the train fare to get Matt and I to Penn Station ($22 for those of you who are wondering).

Anyway, I’m sure Miss Molly will provide a lot of blogging material. I will let you know how she informs and changes my world as we get to know each other better.

*Oh, I almost forgot to mention, Molly's dad is the writer of the TV show "Monk". I thought I got away from the "the industry".

1 comment:

Grace said...

Mark, I had to look up nihilist. I'm looking up a lot of words these days because the books I'm reading are written at the level of the gods. Or the devil, I haven't decided.

I meant to call you yesterday. I have to remind myself to call people at 10pm because that makes it 7pm out west. I'll try calling tonight.