Saturday, September 10

The Campus




Drew's campus is really great.

When we first arrived, the open space made us a bit nervous (having spent the last 6 years in a city that doesn't believe in open space). The campus has grassy hills with a variety of huge trees (if you don't compare them to the redwoods, of course). The buildings are brick, which at first caused me anxiety to walk by because I'm expecting an earthquake, which apparently, I don't need to worry about out here.

In the morning, I study in the tiny internet cafe on campus, where the self-serve coffe is .75 and very few people actually utilize. In the afternoon I study in the graduate lounge, which is a bunch of lounging chairs and a table in the center and Matt is the only other person I've ever seen in there. So it feels like there are a lot of nice study places on campus which are virtually distraction free.

Last night my friend Abby, who lives in Manhattan (for those of you who don't know her), took the train out to see our new digs. It's so nice to have a friend so close!

6 comments:

Sonja said...

I'm now officially green with jealousy , much like the wicked witch of the west. It's beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

envy u mean

Sonja said...

Ha! I DID mean envy. You are good, you, anonymous!

Grace said...

I knew what you meant. What is the difference between envy and jealousy anyway? I bet the witch would know.

Anonymous said...

Hola Gracie - a student who attends Drew and happens to be married to Matt. I'm glad you're beginning to settle in. I can imagine you studying in the cafe on the Ivy League looking campus. I suppose most any old beautiful brick building would inspire that feeling in me, seeing how we don't really have many in southern ca. Keep up the fun blogging. In spite of not visiting often enough, we still miss you guys. Take lot's of pictures of the trees turning color in the fall.
European's husband.

Grace said...

You're great D.

If you and European want to visit some time the invitation is open.